Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 20. Apr 2024, 00:35

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 5. Mar 2015, 22:58 

Hi, I used iframes Advanved standard version to display 720 product pages on my site. How do I restore those page settings now I've upgraded to Pro version?

This is very urgent, it's a large commercial site and needs to be online by 8.30am GMT

This is how the pages look now http://www.transdev-online.co.uk/pu-belts/breco_trans/

Thanks

PostPosted: 5. Mar 2015, 23:40 
Site Admin

You need to enter your url in the settings or in the shortcode.

I don't know how you have updated but normally the settings are stored in the database.
Have you removed the database entries as well?

Best,
Michael

PostPosted: 5. Mar 2015, 23:57 

Hi, I renamed the old plugin folder before installing Pro.
I wasn't sure what URL to put in the field because my content for the frames comes from a folder of 720 html pages on same server.
They don't have a web address, should I use the main url of the server www folder, it's the same as the WP website's url where plugin is installed.
I didn't enter a url in the field when the base version of Ai-f was running.

PostPosted: 6. Mar 2015, 09:11 
Site Admin

You have to set something. Even in the free version. Have you maybe resetet the settings? than the default is entered again.

If you sue the main folder you should get a listing of all files i this is allowed.

Best,
Michael

PostPosted: 6. Mar 2015, 11:52 

Hi,
the settings have remained (I set a custom height/width and security code is the same), I entered the site's url into the field but now I just see a mini version of the entire WP site instead of the correct content.

This is a disaster for me, the client is losing business with their product catalogue disabled.

Can I PM you the WP admin details to fix this please?

PostPosted: 6. Mar 2015, 12:21 
Site Admin

You can. But I'm in Meetings the whole afternoon. So I don't know if I can take a look.

I'm only wondering how you have accessed the files before. what is the url of the content you want to show?

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 6. Mar 2015, 13:45 

Here's an example shortcode from one of the site's product pages

[advanced_iframe securitykey="bd9d874708cb43560b8c7e75fd57c5b0d96f680b" src="http://www.transdev-online.co.uk/productshtml/gears/mod_bevel_main.htm"]

I used a mass-upload spreadsheet to populate the pages with the iframe code containing each of the product urls.

Do I need to alter these shortcodes to make it display like it used to on the base version?

I'd really like to use the Pro features - such as the content directly on the page. We're having trouble with the positioning of the iframe when displayed on phones, the direct display would fix this.

How do I PM the access details to you please?

PostPosted: 6. Mar 2015, 15:00 
Site Admin

By using the pn button.

The free and the pro version use the same code base. So if the free version does something the pro version does not do you have configured something that causes the difference.
In your case I don't understand your setup yet.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 6. Mar 2015, 22:32 

Hi,

I removed the homepage url from the url field and reverted back to the non-pro version - things are just as bad, the iframe now shows a duplicate of the surrounding page.

I can't even use my site backup to fix this because so many edits were done by the site owner yesterday.

Can you advise which setting/field dictates what content shows in each iFrame please? I need to repair the site to make it display a different url content in ech of the 700 product pages - it was doing this perfectly before I upgraded!

---UPDATE---
I've asked the hosting co to revert the site back to the backed up version, it's easier to redo the site edits than fix this problem quickly.

I would like to continue using the plugin, to see if the content can be displayed without the iframe using the 'Include content directly' feature?

PostPosted: 7. Mar 2015, 11:18 
Site Admin

You can try that but I don't think that makes a difference.
You have written that the owner has changes somethings - maybe this is causing the problem.

Including content directly is like taking html from one page and placing it without the other stuff to the other page.

Be ware that no css or Javascript is copied there. This has to be on the main page available.

If the free version does really show something different please let me know. Because the pro version has many, many additional code but the free part is 100% the same.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 7. Mar 2015, 12:59 

Hi, the owner edited the text on a static page and uploaded new images. They don't have access to the plugin settings.

Moving on to the topic of displaying content directly; the pages I wish to display are stored in a sub-folder with the WP install, they are html pages (old school web design, no CSS,JS or dynamic data) the pages are just divs and tables. Could I link these pages using the 720 different shortcodes I've uploaded? I can do a find-replace to edit the shortcodes.

I'm a bit confused by the need to type a url into the plug-in settings page, if I type in one url, it displays in every instance of the iframe.

When it 'worked' previously I'd left that field untouched, it had the //www.tinywebgallery url in it.

PostPosted: 7. Mar 2015, 14:11 
Site Admin

If you type anything in the include url than the normal url is ignored.
Maybe you used this.

So if you e.g. use include_url than what ever is in src is not used as this are 2 features that are actually completely different.
The first includes an iframe. The other on does not render an iframe but reads the html from the other page and includes
the parts you like directly.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 7. Mar 2015, 15:43 

Hi, I have left the site url field empty.
Wht should I enter into the Include URL field in the Include Content Directly section?

The paragrph of instruction mentions this text 'include_url' but it doesn't seem to work (the field automatically adds http: infont) - see screenshot attached.

Thanks

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2015-03-07 at 13.38.44.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-07 at 13.38.44.png [ 116.1 KiB | Viewed 7810 times ]

PostPosted: 7. Mar 2015, 23:23 

The site has been restored to the hour before Pro version was installed. The iframes are working again.

Can you help me to understand how the Include Content Directly feature should be set up please?

I'll make a site and db backup now before altering any fields in the plugin.

PostPosted: 8. Mar 2015, 17:41 
Site Admin

The include url is the url you want to include.

e.g .http://www.transdev-online.co.uk/productshtml/gears/mod_bevel_main.htm

And if you only want to include part of it you. e.g if you only want to include everything of the div id="content" you need to specify #content there.

Best, Michael