Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 10:42

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 2. Mar 2015, 19:29 

I have downloaded Advanced iFrame to my Wordpress blog and have been struggling with how to get certain videos uploaded. I video links I receive are from a company that loads the videos into the Box cloud service and you can either download the video from Box to your computer, or use an iframe link provided by Box.

I *finally* figured out how to get the video loaded onto my site with the iframe plug-in, but I'm still having a problem. At the top of the videos, it has a bar with the Box logo and the ability to click on an arrow to download the video. Neither of those things should appear if I do this right.

The last section of the code provided by Box is: frameborder="0"allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>. I assume this is what they intend will keep the blue line and download button from appearing when loaded onto a site. But, when I leave that in with the Advanced iframe code, it doesn't do anything. Is there something else I should insert into the iframe code to accomplish the same thing.

Again, I'm sorry not knowledgeable about this stuff. I would greatly appreciate any guidance.

PostPosted: 2. Mar 2015, 20:59 
Site Admin

You don't describe what you actually really have done.
The parameters you describe have nothing to do with your issue.

But for me it seems they provide a link with a player you can put into an iframe. And it seems they also provide a basic iframe code. How does this look like?

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 2. Mar 2015, 21:44 

Thank you for responding! So here is what they initially provide me (I just put in a line b/c I'm not sure I'm allowed by the link provider to post the full link):

<iframe src="https://____________/embed_widget/s/d5x8x6918tt46zupyks4q05l8ew54loa?theme=blue" width="500" height="400" frameborder="0"allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

If I put their link directly into my wordpress, it does nothing. So I downloaded the iframe plug in and tweaked the link as follows. When I did, the video came up but with the border. (I put in a line for the security key, since I'm also not sure if I should post that).

[advanced_iframe securitykey="___________________________________________" src="https://app.box.com/embed_widget/s/khb8stjn389yerzhempcy9yap19ltmsw?theme=blue" id="iframe1" name="iframe1" width="100%" height="600"]

PostPosted: 3. Mar 2015, 00:26 
Site Admin

What border do you mean?

have you used the same height and width already?
And you can also set the border to 0 in the iframe.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 3. Mar 2015, 02:35 

This is the border… The blue band at the top with the arrow shouldn't be there.

Is this what you meant by setting the border to 0? I tried this and it didn't work.

[advanced_iframe securitykey="___________________" src="https://_____________/embed_widget/s/khb8stjn389yerzhempcy9yap19ltmsw?theme=blue" id="iframe1" name="iframe1" width="100%" height="600" border="0"]

Attachments:
File comment: Screen shot of pesky border.
Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 8.57.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 8.57.44 AM.png [ 129.81 KiB | Viewed 3755 times ]

PostPosted: 3. Mar 2015, 10:40 
Site Admin

No.

this "border" does come from your provider. Ask them how to remove this.
If they don't do this you can use the "show only a part of the iframe" feature of advanced iframe pro.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 4. Mar 2015, 23:50 

I contacted the Box folks and they wouldn't help. Of course! I've figured out that if you click on the box in the bottom right hand corner of the video, the button that expands the screen takes out the border. So the problem I think is that this part of the Box code is not working within the iframe: allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen. This part of the code would take out the blue border. Is there an equivalent to use within the iframe? Thank you again for your help.

PostPosted: 5. Mar 2015, 00:15 
Site Admin

You can set allowfullscreen in the plugin as setting.

The other settings are deprecated:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/iframe

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 10. Mar 2015, 20:31 

Thanks! Where to you put it in the plug-in settings? I pulled the settings page up and not sure what I need to do next. There's nothing I see that says allowframe.

PostPosted: 11. Mar 2015, 10:31 
Site Admin

Than please look again ;).

Allow full screen
allowfullscreen is an HTML attribute that enables videos to be displayed in fullscreen mode. Currently this is a new html attribute not supported by all browsers. So please check all of the browsers you want to support. Shortcode attribute: allowfullscreen="true" or allowfullscreen="false"

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 11. Mar 2015, 20:19 

When I opened the Advanced iFrame settings, I did a control F search for "allow" and it didn't pull up anything related to full frame. I tried both of these and they didn't work. I tried on Safari and Google Chrome to see if it was a browser issue, but they both still had the blue band:

[advanced_iframe securitykey="______________________________" src="https://app.box.com/embed_widget/s/c8ehv11hvyz387u7ldt815sm2gp63gnl?theme=blue" width="500" height="400" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true"]

[advanced_iframe securitykey="______________________________" src="https://app.box.com/embed_widget/s/c8ehv11hvyz387u7ldt815sm2gp63gnl?theme=blue" width="500" height="400" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="false"]

PostPosted: 12. Mar 2015, 10:15 
Site Admin

Then I don't know where you search. This setting does exist there ;).

But
[advanced_iframe securitykey="______________________________" src="https://app.box.com/embed_widget/s/c8ehv11hvyz387u7ldt815sm2gp63gnl?theme=blue" width="500" height="400" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true"]

looks fine. You would have to check if this is rendered in the code and if yes the guys have told you something wrong. Especially because I don't see any releasion between the bar and the allowfullscreen.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 13. Mar 2015, 01:17 

Hmm, maybe the plug-in version I have is different. I'm using Advanced iFrame v6.3.1. In Wordpress, I choose settings on the left side of the Dashboard, then Advanced iFrame from that. No mention of "allowfullframe" or even "full frame."

I know it has to be something with the full frame function because when the play options appear at the bottom when you scroll over the video, if you click on the two arrows in the bottom right hand side, the blue bar disappears. I think that's the "maximize" option, so I'm guessing equivalent of what would be full frame if entered in with the code.

This may be an unsolvable problem…

Attachments:
File comment: Here's the maximize arrows I'm referring to.
Screen Shot 2015-03-12 at 4.13.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-12 at 4.13.26 PM.png [ 10.77 KiB | Viewed 3724 times ]

PostPosted: 13. Mar 2015, 10:11 
Site Admin

I just checked. Allow fullscreen is a feature of advanced iframe pro.

I will move this to the free version in the next version as this is actually a default html element.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 4. Apr 2015, 23:50 

Thank you!!!