Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 25. Apr 2024, 18:00

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26. Mar 2015, 04:09 

Greetings,

I purchased your Advanced iFrame Pro tonight and I'm having some difficulty doing some of the basic features included with it. The documentation doesn't make sense to me.

I'm simply trying to make it so my iFrame'd Forum will display the correct URL in the address bar at the top when you browse to different forum pages.

I have a forum that is an iFrame on a wordpress page, (www.example.com/?page_id=27).
The iFrame src is pointing to (www.example.com/forums).

Currently, whenever you click around to different locations on the iFrame forum, the URL at the top stays (www.example.com/?page_id=27).
What I want it to do is be able to pass a variable into there, like (www.example.com/?page_id=27&page=/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=238).

How does one accomplish this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This was said to be a basic feature of Pro but I can't seem to get it working with the directions on your website. This would probably help a lot of other users who would like to figure this out as well.

Thanks for your time!

PostPosted: 26. Mar 2015, 10:49 
Site Admin

Hi,

at which feature you are referring to? Because what I think what you want is a brand new feature of 6.4 which is currently at testing phase and can be found here in the demo already:
http://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/advanced-iframe/advanced-iframe-pro-demo/add-iframe-url-to-parent/add-iframe-url-as-param-same-domain

Because currently the documentation you maybe read right now are for a different feature. So you might look at "Forward parameter to the iframe". And this feature does add parameters from the parent url to the iframe. This is the other way you need!

If you want to test the new feature please contact me through codecanyon message that I see that you have the pro version and then I can send you the new version already.

Best,
Michael

PostPosted: 26. Mar 2015, 15:36 

Sorry but that is very confusing.

Are you saying that (Example 32: Add iframe url as param: Same domain) is NOT available for current Pro users?

Do you understand what I am trying to accomplish with your plugin?

I don't see anywhere in your plugin where there is something called "Forward parameter to the iframe". I looked at the website, the pdf manual as well as the wordpress plugin settings and I don't see it anywhere.

I'm just wondering what setting(s) I need to use to accomplish the goal I listed below. From reading your plugin's features it says it can definitely do it, however the documentation is very hard to understand. I'm not sure how to message on codeplex, but you can see that I purchased it about 12 hours ago with the same email I used to register here.

Anyway, I appreciate your help. Take care!

PostPosted: 26. Mar 2015, 15:56 
Site Admin

What is the confusing part?

Example 32 is a feature of version 6.4 which is not released yet.
But I can send it to you already as only video tutorials are missing.

Any yes I understand. Exactly what example 32 does.

"From reading your plugin's features it says it can definitely do it," -> can you tell me where this is described? As only the new example I setup already refers to this feature.

I just checked the invoices and I see your payment. So if you like I can send you the new version.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 26. Mar 2015, 16:08 

Michael,

That makes sense, thank you!

Quote:
can you tell me where this is described? As only the new example I setup already refers to this feature.

On this page, http://codecanyon.net/item/advanced-iframe-pro/5344999 it says it supports "Url forward parameter mapping". That sounds to me like what I'm trying to do, but its not necessarily a specific thing, so I might be wrong.

If you could send that to me I'd greatly appreciate it. You can send it to the email I've used to register here. If you could also tell me which value to set with it I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you good sir. Take care.
-Dan

PostPosted: 26. Mar 2015, 22:54 
Site Admin

I have sent you the new version.

Url forward parameter mapping does map parameters from the parent to the client. So if e.g. your parent url ist test.com?test=true than test and the value can be automatically attached to your url.
So this was the opposite you need ;).

Best, Michael